Trental is the generic name for the drug pentoxifylline. It’s used to help improve blood circulation in the arms and feet which in this case is the symptom for intermittent claudication (often a result of occlusive artery disease). Intermittent claudication can cause muscle pain, cramps and aching during exercises like walking. Trental medication is then used to ease these symptoms. Here is how it works:
- Pentoxifylline belongs to a group of drugs called hemorrheolic agents. These improve capillary and arterial blood flow by increasing red blood cells (RBC) flexibility which thereby decreases blood viscosity.
- At the end of the day, the patient’s legs and arms get improved blood circulation and he/she won’t complain of muscle aching or cramps.
Stick to the recommended dosage as prescribed by your doctor: often three times a day. If for some reason you forget your dose, do not double your next dose to make up for the missed one. Swallow one pill and do not chew as doing so only intensifies the side effects. You can order for Trental medication at a cheap price online and have it delivered right at your doorstep.
Precautions to be adhered to before taking Trental medication
You can order Trental medication at a cheap price from an online pharmacy but do not take it without a prescription. In fact, that’s not all, there are a number of precautions that should be heeded. For instance:
- If you have used the drug before and developed allergies then let your doctor or pharmacist know. The same applies if you are allergic to caffeine and theophylline. Make a point of reading the manufacturer’s printed information booklet for a list of ingredients present.
- Have the pharmacist take a look at your medical history especially if you’ve had a recent stroke, kidney problems, liver problems, stomach ulcers or if you’re recovering from a recent surgery.
- Trental medication can sometimes cause dizziness so don’t drive or handle machinery or partake in any activity that requires you to be alert.
- Pregnant ladies and nursing mothers shouldn’t take Trental medication unless a doctor prescribes it.
- Some drugs have a negative effect if they interact with Trental medication. For instance antiplatelet drugs like naproxen, ibuprofen and other NSAIDs can lead to bruising/ bleeding. The same applies to warfarin and other ‘ blood thinners’. This means that you must tell your doctor if you are on any other medication.
When you order Trental medication online keep in mind that it too has side effects. Belching, gas, nausea, dizziness and vomiting may occur. These symptoms often go away after one or two hours but if they don’t, consult your doctor. Remember the pharmacist/ doctor has your interest at heart: that’s why after weighing the benefits against side effects, they prescribed the medication for you. Notify them if these rare but severe symptoms show: bruising, bleeding, irregular pulse and chest pain. In some cases, allergic reactions like swelling and rashes can affect you.