Pristiq medication falls under the category of Selective Serotonin and Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors (SNRI). Pristiq goes by the generic name desvenlafaxine.
Uses of Pristiq Medication
This drug is used worldwide in the treatment of main depression disorders. It may also be employed in the treatment of other disorders such as panic attacks, anxiety, symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes.
How Pristiq Medication Works
Pristiq restores the natural balance of substances in the brain such as serotonin and norepinephrine. Users end up feeling energized and in better moods.
Where to Buy Pristiq
You can buy or order Pristiq online or over the counter at a local drug store. Th online pharmacy option offers convenience, cheap pricing, and excellence in customer service. Online stores provide consultation to their clients round the clock. Buyers can ask all the questions they need answered and also receive instructions on its use.
The buy over the counter option allows users to buy their prescriptions and refills at any time of the day. It’s also possible to buy Pristiq prescriptions in bulk and get massive discounts on price, shipping, and delivery.
Doctor’s usually prescribe doses depending on the existing medical condition and the Patient’s response to the drug
This drug can be swallowed with and without food once every day. It’s swallowed by mouth with lots of water. Patients should avoid chewing, crushing or breaking the tablets. Dissolving in water is also discouraged since releasing the power of the drug at one aggravates the side effects
Never alter your dose of Pristiq medication under any circumstances. Any changes in dose amounts and times only worsen the side effects. Usually, doctor prescribes small doses and gradually increasing the dosage to minimize side effects
Make a strict schedule of taking your dose daily. This strategy helps you avoid missing doses. In the case of a missed dose, swallow your drugs upon memory. Should time for subsequent dose be near, skip the missed dose. Report any cases of an overdose to your doctor or emergency health care provider.
Precautions in Handling Pristiq Medication
1. As with all prescription drugs, do not take this medication without the examination, recommendation and prescription of a qualified pharmacist or doctor
2. Always read the medication guide on buying or refilling your prescription of Pristiq drugs
3. Pristiq drugs should be stored at room temperature and protected from excessive moisture, heat, and light. Also keep Pristiq away from the reach of children.
4. Never use Pristiq if you’ve taken MAO inhibitors within 14 days
5. Avoid this medicine if you’re allergic to Venlafaxine and desvenlafaxine
6. Monitor a patient’s moods. Doctor’s say that young users of this drug experience suicidal tendencies. Regular tests and visits also help track mood changes
7. Pristiq is only for use by adults who have attained the legal age of 1 years
Avoid taking this drug and consult your doctor if you’re;
Breastfeeding, pregnant or planning for pregnancy. Pristiq can pass through breast milk and harm a nursing or unborn baby
- have low levels of sodium in the blood
- suffer from seizures and epilepsy
- have kidney and liver problems
- have glaucoma
- experience bipolar disorders
- have a history of HBP, heart problems, high cholesterol or stroke
- bleeding or have blood clotting disorders
Side Effects of Pristiq Medication
Pristiq causes insomnia, low sex drive, blurred vision, profuse sweating, anxiety, drowsiness and dizziness, loss of appetite and constipation. These are all minor side effects and should pass with time.
Report worsening symptoms to you doctor. These include hallucinations, fainting, swelling of the eyes, agitation, slurred speech, blood in gums, urine, nose, and stool, seizure and convulsions. They indicate increased serotonin and low sodium in the body.