Moduretic medication is classified as a water pill and goes by the generic name amiloride-hydrochlorothiazide.
Uses of Moduretic Medication
Moduretic medications can be employed alone or with other drugs in the treatment of conditions such as high blood pressure and edema ( fluid retention).
How Moduretic Medication Works
This medication assists in the elimination of sodium salt and water from the kidneys. This action keeps the blood pressure in check.
Moduretic has two components. Amiloride the potassium-sparing diuretic and hydrochlorothiazide the thiazide diuretic. The former also mitigates the loss of potassium minerals in the body.
Doctors also have other uses for Moduretic other than those discussed here.
Where to buy Moduretic Medication
You can order Moduretic online to take advantage of cheap prices and exceptional customer service. Online pharmacies engage the services of pharmacists and physicians to assist clients for free. They also dispatch drugs within a small time window to the customer’s location. Buying from these drug stores in bulk also guarantees massive savings on cost and shipment.
You can also buy Moduretic doses from a local pharmacy in your area for use.
Your doctor or pharmacist will always provide precise dosage instructions which should always be followed to the letter. To stay safe, also read the instructions on the packaging manual.
Moduretic pills should be taken with meals and swallowed with lots of water. Physicians recommend any time before 6 pm as the best time to take the drug. The drug increases the amounts and intensity of urination which may make users wake up too often in the night.
Never double your dose of Moduretic to compensate for a missed dose. It’s okay to take your missed dose as soon as you remember but always skip the dose if the scheduled time for subsequent dose is near.
Consult with your doctor if you have the following conditions before receiving a prescription of Moduretic medication;
- If you’re pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you’re diagnosed with diabetes
- If you’re scheduled for emergency, minor or major surgery
- If you have organ conditions affecting the heart, kidney, and liver
- If you suffer from allergies to food and medicine
- Moduretic medication should be stored at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat, moisture or light. Also keep away from children
- Seek professional help in disposing of unused and expired drugs
- Seek medical help for worsening or persistent symptoms
- Only use this medication for purposes and people its prescribed for
- This drug causes dizziness, therefore, avoid risky tasks such as driving and operating machinery
- Diabetic patients on this drug should undergo regular monitoring and testing
- Moduretic is unfit for children and infants
Minor side effects include;
- Light sensitivity
- Stomach aches, Nausea and vomiting
- Fluctuations in blood sugar levels
- Fatigue and muscle weakness
- Loss of appetite
- Inflammation of salivary glands
Severe side effects of Moduretic medication necessitate urgent medical attention. They may include;
- Dry mouth and excessive thirst
- Urinations complications
- Hives and other serious allergies
- Tightening of chest muscles and breathing difficulties
- Leg and muscle weakness
- Mental lapses
- Yellow skin and eyes