There is loads of information on different medicines all around. This information sometimes it’s not verified. This puts the patient at risk of following substandard information, and this might be dangerous. One of such medication is Lipitor. We are an approved online pharmacy with specialists in this medication. Outlined below is what you need to know about Lipitor medication before or when taking it.
What is Lipitor medication?
Lipitor (atorvastatin) is therapeutic drug developed by Pfizer pharmaceutical company. It is used to control high cholesterol levels. This helps to eliminate blockage of blood flow this lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke. It does this by reducing bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein) and triglycerides and in turn, increases high-density lipoprotein.
How Lipitor works
It works by lowering cholesterol in the blood. They block HMG-CoA reductase, a liver enzyme needed in the production of low- density lipoproteins. This reduces atherosclerosis by causing then to stiffen and narrow down. It, therefore, reduces atherosclerosis problems like stroke, heart diseases, aneurysms and chest pain. It also raises levels of HDL and this prevents heart attack.
Who can use Lipitor medication?
Atorvastatin is a necessary drug for patients suffering from coronary heart disease and type 2 diabetes. It reduces the risk of heart attack, chest pain and stroke.it does this by treating high cholesterol levels. Patients with heart diseases take it to reduce the risk of cardiac arrest. These patients who are at an advanced age or have had a history of smoking and hypertension need to use it to reduce the health risks.
Composition of Lipitor
These tablet drugs are composed of atorvastatin calcium trihydrate and lactose monohydrate as the primary ingredients.
Restriction of use
- Atorvastatin should be taken following prescription by a physician.
- Careless use can lead to health risks and side effects.
- Pregnant mothers should not use it. Those who are breastfeeding and are under certain contraceptive measures should also refrain from using it.
- Lipitor can be passed to through breast milk to the baby. This might be risky to the baby.
- It can cause harm to the unborn baby and result in birth defects.
- Patients with liver disease.
- Patients with kidney, liver or stroke history should inform the doctor before using it.
- It can cause skeletal muscle tissue leading to kidney failure.
- The tablet should be taken when whole and should not be broken before taking it.
- It should be taken once, with or without food.
- When using Lipitor you should avoid using foods that are high in cholesterol or fats.
- Alcohol intake should be reduced when under this medication as it can raise triglyceride levels and eventually cause liver damage.
- Grapefruit products don’t interact well with this medicine.
- Following all directions on the prescription label is important.
Side effects of using Lipitor
- It can cause skeletal muscle complications leading to kidney failure, though this is not a common occurrence.
- I can result in difficulty in urinating and other kidney associated problems like swelling of the feet and ankles.
- It is commonly associated with diarrhea and stomach upsets.
- Some patients may experience muscle and joint pain when they take it.
- In some situations, patients may experience sudden numbness and weakness, severe headache, vision problems and indiscernible speech.
Lipitor may not interact well with the following medicines:
- Antibiotics and antifungal
- Heart disease medication
- HIV or AIDS-treating medicines
- Birth control pills
Lipitor is an important drug to reduce the risk of heart diseases and stroke. With us, it is now possible to order Lipitor online. We are an online pharmacy providing Lipitor medication online at very affordable prices. We have served thousands of patients through our pharmacy. We have a team of approved and qualified medical staff working round the clock to provide medicinal needs.