Desyrel Medication may also go by the generic name of trazodone in medical circles. It’s used around the world in the treatment of depressive disorders. Medics also use it for other related conditions.
Where to Buy Desyrel
You can always buy a prescription of Desyrel medication at a pharmacy near you. It’s also available online at cheap and discounted prices. In most cases, delivery reaches your doorstep without any additional costs.
Dosage and Prescription
Doctors will always tweak a patient’s dose for desired results. The duty on the patient’s side is to take medicine in the specified quantity for the specified time usually two weeks in this case. It means following instructions to the letter.
Trazodone comes in three versions;
1. Immediate-release tablet- it should always be taken after a light or heavy meal.
2. Oleptro-mostly swallowed at bedtime or in the evening. It’s okay to break the tablet into two and even take without taking a meal.
3. Extended release tablet- This version has to be swallowed whole.
Trazodone starts giving results in a fortnight. Never take more medicine to compensate for a missed dose. In fact, skip a dose if scheduled time for subsequent dose is near. A missed dose can be taken the moment a patient remembers.
Precautions in Usage and Storage
Children and young adults below the legal age of 18 years are exempted from using trazodone. This strict directive should only be revoked with the consent of a doctor.
The patient and their family should always be on the lookout for worsening behavioral symptoms such as hyperactivity, irritability, panic attacks, etc. Such should be reported to the doctor for a further examination on a regular basis.
Patients on MAO inhibitors for a fortnight should not take trazodone. Compounds such as linezolid, selegiline and phenalgine can cause fatal drug reactions.
Other precautions include;
- Patients with heart conditions should also keep off this drug.
- Allergies to food and medicine also prevent patients from using the drug.
- Desyrel cannot be taken by patients who are on methylene blue.
- Let your doctor know if there’s a history of bipolar disorders, depression and substance abuse during the consultation.
- Conditions affecting the liver, heart, kidney and blood in a patient should be provided to the doctor before treatment.
- For women, let your health care provider know if you are breastfeeding, pregnant or planning for pregnancy.
- DO NOT indulge in alcohol and substance abuse while on trazodone medication.
- Lastly, inform your doctor if you’re taking Antipsychotics, Diuretics, Carbamazepine and Anticoagulants since they may react with trazodone.
Store your Desyrel prescriptions at room temperature with minimal exposure to light and moisture. Also keep away from children and the elderly.
Side Effects of Desyrel Medication
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
- Blurred vision
- Foul mouth odor
- Head and muscle ache
- Sexual dysfunction
Patients are advised to rise slowly from resting positions, hydrate regularly and chew candy or gum to relieve these side effects.
However, side effects such as fainting, seizures, irregular heartbeats and bloodshot eyes indicate severe illness and patients should seek emergency medical assistance.