Looking to buy Aldactone online? Aldactone 100mg is available here at a low price. Here is what you need to know about Aldactone.
Aldactone is a pill that helps keep potassium levels in the body from going too low and prevents the body from absorbing too much salt. Its generic name is Spironolactone, which is also known as a “water pill” or a potassium-sparing diuretic.
It is used to treat or diagnose a condition of having too much aldosterone in the body. The function of aldosterone in the body is to regulate the salt and water balance in the body.
It also used to treat fluid retention in people suffering from congestive heart failure, liver cirrhosis, nephrotic syndrome (a kidney disorder), and severe heart failure.
Other uses include treatment of essential hypertension (high blood pressure with an unknown cause) and hypokalemia.
Before using Aldactone, inform the doctor or pharmacist of your medical history especially if you have kidney problems, liver problems, mineral imbalance or Addison’s disease.
If any doctor if you are using Aldactone as it might have unusual results with certain medical tests.
Do not use Aldactone if you:
- Have an allergy to spironolactone
- Have kidney disease
- Have high levels of potassium in your blood
- Have Addison’s disease
- Are taking eplerenone
Aldactone should be taken as prescribed by a doctor.
Follow all the instructions on the prescription label.
Take the medicine for the recommended time and not for a shorter or longer time.
If you are being treated for high blood pressure with this medicine, continue taking it even after you feel well as often blood pressure has no symptoms.
If you have missed a dose, then take it as soon as you remember it unless it is almost time for your next dose then skip it. Do not take extra doses to make up for missed doses.
In the case of an overdose, contact an emergency room immediately.
Store at room temperature away from moisture, light or heat.
Common Side Effects
- Mild nausea and vomiting, diarrhea
- Leg cramps
- Dizziness, mild drowsiness, headache
- Impotence or difficulty in having an erection.
- Breast swelling and tenderness.
- Skin rash
Other side effects
- Hives, difficulty in breathing.
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat.
- Stomach bleeding characterized by bloody or tarry stools, coughing or vomiting blood
- Slow heart rate, weak pulse, muscle weakness or limp feeling, tingly feeling due to high potassium rates.
- Low sodium, which causes confusion, slurred speech, hallucinations, severe weakness, loss of coordination, convulsions, fainting, and shallow breathing.
To reduce dizziness and lightheadedness, avoid getting up fast from a sitting or lying position. If these side effects persist, inform the doctor or physician immediately.
In the case of any serious side effects such as bleeding, convulsions, and difficulty in breathing, inform the doctor or physician right away.
Drug interactions can change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. Do not start, stop, or alter the dosage of any medicines without informing your doctor.
Some products that may interact Aldactone include lithium, drugs that may increase the level of potassium in the blood (such as cyclosporine, eplerenone, tacrolimus, triamterene, drospirenone).